Rainbow Snippet January 17

Happy snowy Sunday! I belong to a FB group called “Rainbow Snippets” where m/m authors post six sentences from a new release or work in progress.
Here’s my contribution from my current WIP,  Dominus Calendar Series: December… a romantic, sexy holiday romp featuring Lucius and Bryaxis. 😀

~~~

“I’ve just arrived from the slave market on Delos.” The youth with the breathy accent tipped his chin towards a portly man clothed in a costly mantle who was conversing with friends a few feet away. “That’s my new master. He seems a decent fellow, as far as I can tell. He calls me Kalamos.”

“Greetings, Kalamos. I’m Bryaxis.” Bryaxis wiped his fingers on his couch cushion after he’d shaken the Greek slave’s limp, clammy hand and pointed. “And that gorgeous beast over there owns me.”

“That towering man distributing gifts to all those people? You master must be influential. Who—who is he?”

“Lucius Petronius Celsus. My Dominus serves as Emperor Trajan’s counselor.”

Kalamos parted his lips to ask another question when a flock of inebriated aristocratic girls wearing outrageous feathered headdresses staggered past their couches. Slurring songs and yelling ‘Io, Saturnalia!’ they giggled and pointed at the slaves. Skittish Kalamos instinctively lowered his gaze and crouched down; Bryaxis sat up in defiance, glowering at the intruders. The tallest of the pickled birds stopped; laughing in contempt, she lifted Bryaxis’ loincloth to ogle his crotch before stumbling to catch up to her companions.

“Ghastly bitchlettes,” Bry grumbled before turning to Kalamos. “Stay away from rich men’s daughters. Young and old, they’re all greedy, cruel whores who enjoy torturing slaves.”

Kalamos’ eyes opened wide as he stuttered. “I—I will if I can.”

~~~

For more snippets by the group’s authors, come check out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RainbowSnippets/

9 comments for “Rainbow Snippet January 17

1. January 17, 2016 at 9:46 pm

“Ghastly bitchlettes”, love it. I hope Kalamos’ master is a decent fellow 🙂

2. chrisquintonwriter
    January 17, 2016 at 9:59 pm

LOL! That’s Bryaxis, right enough, but not every slave is as lucky as him 🙂

3. Jana Denardo
    January 18, 2016 at 3:45 am

That’s a really interesting exchange. Poor Kalamos.

4. January 18, 2016 at 6:04 am

Great snippet. I love how different the two men are. (And “ghastly bitchlettes” is awesome!)

5. TheAnderfelsOne
    January 18, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Oh my precious lofty baby ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Ain’t no slave treated like a prince like Bry 💎 And he won the sexiest master of all on the top of it (sexy attract sexy after all) (love the raw ‘owns me’ words) I’m anticipating this story everyday with more excitement. Those two makes my panties go mad just by existing. Hope you’ll make this story last as long as you can, dear – even if they’re just doing mundane things such as eating cheese and snoring in each other’s arms. FUCK I LOVE THEM 💥🔥

• TheAnderfelsOne
      January 18, 2016 at 11:29 pm

I forgot to say that i noticed you’re researches on tattoos in that era. Please don’t tell me it’s for that story. I can only take so much 😭

• January 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Oh, Luc and Bry eating cheese and then cuddling sounds wonderful. It’s turning out to be one delicious romantic love fest. I’ll make it as long as possible and I hope (pray) that I can finish it in time to release ‘December’ as a Valentine’s (Lupercalia) present. 😀

6. January 19, 2016 at 12:34 am

“If I can.” Very apt! The dynamic here is fun to read.

7. January 21, 2016 at 6:05 am

Interesting! I wonder if Kalamos has just made a friend or if he’s someone to look out for.