Sunday snippet

From Book 3. This is a tough one… unedited.

~~~~~

Hugging his knees to his chest, he sat naked on the dirt floor, hunched over with his back pressed against the wall of the prison cell. Dark crimson gashes and ugly purplish bruises colored his arms. His calves. His shoulders. But he was breathing. Breathing was good.

When Allerix cleared his throat, Gaius lifted his chin and Alle gasped.

“I can’t—can’t feel my fingers,” Gaius groaned. His right eye swollen and half closed, dried blood caked the nostrils of his proud patrician nose and the corners of his chapped, split lips. “So cold.”

~~~~~

9 comments for “Sunday snippet

1. April 4, 2016 at 8:43 am

Omg. Suspense, cliffhanger much?? This raises SO many questions (I see what you did there, dear author). At first I thought you were describing injuries that Alle had sustained and I was very uneasy because Gaius wouldn’t beat him up that bad however angry he was and given the events of the last book, there’s no doubt Gaius is at the very lease upset with Alle….BUT you were describing Gaius’ injuries. That made me extremely anxious. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!? Why are they in. Prison cell?
    At least they’re together?
    #CuriousReader

Vitzy

• April 5, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Yeah, that was a wee bit mean of me. *hangs head in shame* Book 3 is a roller coaster ride with more plot twists than you can shake a sword at plus an OMG KILLER ending to set up the big finale in Book 5. 😀

• April 5, 2016 at 10:20 pm

haha. Well then I better buckle up my seatbelt and get ready for the ride. Shall I bring in some tissues and heart medicine to stop myself from having palpitations??

• April 6, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Yes, and please bring some to share. I’ll bring wine and the stuffed dormice. 😉

June 24, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Are you really going to kill them? OMG, so somebody found out about Allerix or Allerix did something stupid inside the emperor ‘s palace, please have mercy.

June 25, 2016 at 4:44 am

Please don’t kill them ! Let them escape to the mountains of Dacia and be happy together finally.

• June 25, 2016 at 2:17 pm

*gives you hug and beverage of your choice* Trust the author. It’s going to be a long, crazy, glorious chariot ride. *hugs more*

June 25, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Ok, JP . I love your stories since I found you after I read the Contract, by the way I love love love It, but after I read this snippet I felt soooo bad and sad that I thought to not get book 3 and live on the illusion of happy forever but I ‘love trust you .

• June 25, 2016 at 4:20 pm

*smooch* I adore ridiculously happy endings filled with joyful tears and laughs.